Watch this space, I will be posting the most intersting parts of what happens at EMC world. If you would like a real-time feed of what’s happening please follow @clivegold for my comments.
11th Annual Conference to Help IT Professionals Accelerate Their Journey to the Cloud and Capitalize on Big Data Opportunity
- EMC to host 10,000+ attendees at the 11th annual EMC® World Conference in Las Vegas, with a focus on helping organizations take advantage of the major trends transforming IT.
- The key theme, “Cloud Meets Big Data,” highlights how two of today’s most significant IT trends converge, providing significant new business value to IT professionals accelerating their journey to the cloud.
- Comprehensive event includes keynotes from industry leaders, more than 500 breakout sessions, more than 100 hands-on labs and exhibits from 100 of the leading IT vendors.
- EMC will also host the world’s first Data Scientist Summit at EMC World, bringing together data scientists to discuss the big opportunities Big Data represents.
- EMC World is also home to Momentum 2011, the industry’s largest gathering of enterprise content management experts, as well as the inaugural CIO Summit and Big Data Storage Summit.
HOPKINTON, Mass. —May 4, 2011— EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) will host its 11th annual EMC World conference for more than 10,000 customers, partners, technologists, press, bloggers and analysts from around the globe from May 9-12 at The Venetian in Las Vegas. This year’s theme, “Cloud Meets Big Data,” highlights how two of the most significant technology trends today provide IT professionals with the opportunity to not only transform IT, but also transform their business. On Cloud computing, the focus is on accelerating the journey – leveraging service provider and hybrid technologies along the way. On Big Data, the focus is managing petabyte scale data volumes, extracting value from this data through analytics and ensuring that the information is delivered, in a timely fashion, to those who need it.
- Keynote presentations from top EMC and industry executives, including Joe Tucci, EMC Chairman and CEO; Paul Maritz, CEO of VMware; and Pat Gelsinger, EMC’s President of Information Infrastructure Products, who will outline the EMC, VMware and industry views of the future enabled by cloud computing and Big Data. For a full list of keynotes visit: http://www.emcworld.com/keynotes.htm.
- More than 100 hands-on labs as well as 500 breakout sessions designed to help attendees realize more value out of their existing EMC infrastructure, accelerate their careers, be more successful in leveraging the advantages of the cloud and extract more business value from their Big Data. For a full list of breakout sessions visit: https://www.emcworldonline.com/2011/scheduler/catalog/catalog.jsp.
- The world’s first Data Scientist Summit, bringing together nearly 500 data scientists and leaders from industry and academia to exchange ideas and explore their potential to change business and society in unprecedented ways through strategic insight into data. For full details visit: http://www.datascientistsummit.com/.
- Momentum, the largest gathering focused on enterprise content management and archiving where more than 600 attendees will learn how the cloud is transforming critical business processes at more than 100 educational sessions and demonstrations. For full details visit: http://www.emcworld.com/momentum.htm
- An exclusive CIO Summit will bring together CIOs and senior executives from some of the largest corporations to hear from industry leaders, including Michael Capellas, Chairman and CEO of VCE, the Virtual Computing Environment Company. Among the topics that will be covered are trust in the cloud and how Big Data will change the way customers create business value from information.
- The Big Data Storage Summit will present and explore new perspectives and challenge current theories on how to extract the most value from the world’s data. Summit attendees will also learn how the industry can equip current and future data scientists with the tools, education and resources they need to succeed.
- The EMC World exhibit floor will also host an interactive demonstration of the VEX Robotics Competition. EMC-sponsored VEX teams of middle and high school students, with guidance from teachers and mentors, have built innovative robots and will compete against other teams at the EMC World 2011 competition.
“Last year we challenged IT professionals to begin their journey to the Cloud, this year we’ll explain how they can accelerate it. But we’re not stopping at Cloud. Once the IT infrastructure has been transformed into a fluid, dynamic and agile resource it’s ready to transform the business — and that’s what Big Data is all about. Big Data represents big opportunity for everyone.”
Jeremy Burton, EMC’s Chief Marketing Officer