Who am I?
I am a strategic thinker and creative problem solver with strong business, marketing and services experience, supported by an excellent technical ability.
I love doing things that utilise my unique combination of business, marketing and technical skills, to add value to a high performing team, where we make a difference.
I like photography, (picture above), and am trying to get fit.
What am I like?
I am like an inquisitive child, a passionate teenager, a focused adult and a wise old man.
What do I think some of my major accomplishments have been?
- Project managed a major global thought leadership program for APJ which won an international award.
- Developed and executed a B2B social media strategy, growing evolvement to nearly 1000 participants in a year.
- Created and established a major industry event going into its 10th year.
- Re-built a marketing team which won an international award a year later.
- Developed a market segmentation system which enabled over 95% of sales representatives to achieve their plan and grew the organisations revenue by approximately 30%.
- Drove an AP wide program to introduce a major technology, which resulted in a market leading position for the company within 12 months.
- Set a strategy and executed the merger of two services organisations which resulted in a 5x growth over two years.
- Transitioned 180 technical support people into a professional services group.
- Managed and mentored several people who are now recognized leaders and successful in their organisations.
What have I done?
• Strategic management with full profit and loss responsibility for;
– Marketing function
– Services operation
– Start-up organisation
– I am a collaborative, people centric, team oriented manager who knows that enabled, happy, and challenged people are engaged and do amazing things.
– Built and led small and large high performance teams doing customer services, professional services and marketing across the region.
– Ability to communicate at all levels especially to relate complex concepts at the appropriate level
– Extensive marketing management experience in IT&T hardware, software and services.
– Experienced media spokesperson and analyst liaison
– Experienced in messaging, segmentation, positioning and pricing.
– Direct and indirect sales experience
– Channel management and support
– Developed and grown professional services functions
– Service product design, implementation and marketing
– Negotiated and managed service level agreements
– ‘Crisis’ management
September 1999 – Present EMC Corporation
March 1997 – August 1999 Com Tech Communications (Dimension Data)
July 1990 – Feb 1997 Pyramid Technology (Pty) Limited
July 1988 March 1990 Wolf Intelligent Systems (Pty) Limited
Jan 1982 June 1988 Hewlett Packard (Pty) Limited